The 2020 Chevrolet Camaro SS is getting a revised look after buyers were turned off by the car’s 2019 refresh, which included a controversial huge ass front grille. The revised SS look capstones several noteworthy changes to the Camaro lineup.
Chevrolet has pulled the front clip design from the Camaro Shock Show Car, which was shown at last year’s SEMA show. The new look adds a body-colored bar between the upper and lower grille designs, basically reversing the 2019 refresh.
“Customers spoke, and we listened,” said Steve Majoros, director of Chevrolet passenger car and crossover marketing. “The overwhelmingly positive reaction to the Shock’s stylized design helped prompt its transition from concept to production.”
Camaro is also gaining a new LT1 trim for 2020, which is a convergence of the the Camaro LT and SS trim levels. The car is basically a Camaro LT, but with a few bits from the SS, including the 455 horsepower LT1 6.2-liter V-8. This is allowing Chevy to offer a V-8 with a base price of only $34,995.
Rounding out the significant changes to the 2020 Camaro include the addition of GM’s 10-speed automatic transmission to the 3.6-liter V-6 car. Chevy says the 10-speed has been optimized to the V-6’s performance.
Other changes for the 2020 Chevrolet Camaro include:
- Rally Green exterior color.
- Rear spoiler available on LS and LT (previously RS package only).
- Dark-tinted taillamps available on LS and LT.
- 20-inch forged aluminum wheels available on LT, LT1 and SS.
- Red or orange brake calipers available on LT, LT1 and SS models.
- Red seat belts available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
- Red kneepads available on all models.
- RECARO performance seats available on LT (previously 1LE only).
- Sueded microfiber-trimmed steering wheel and shift knob trim available on LT and SS (previously ZL1 and 1LE only).
- Alloy pedals available on all models (previously ZL1 only).
- Black bowtie badges and Camaro fender badge available on LT.
- Adrenaline Red and Ceramic White leather interiors now available on 2LT (previously 3LT and 2SS only).
- 3LT now comes standard with the 2.0L Turbo engine and the Convenience and Lighting package (previously optional).