Thread: BMW X7 Pre-Production Process Offers Official First Look

BMW X7 Pre-Production Process Offers Official First Look

Source: AutoVerdict
    December 20, 2017
    by Nick Saporito

BMW has offered up our first official look at the upcoming large X7 crossover. The BMW X7 is in the pre-production phase at the company's South Carolina assembly plant, where BMW snapped some photos for the world to see.*

Unsurprisingly, the new X7 looks a lot like the recent X7i Performance Concept. This means the elongated kidney grilles and very slim lamps are making an appearance on the production version. From a side view, the new X7 looks a lot like its actual purpose in life: an elongated X5.*

BMW has been talking about adding a three-row, large SUV since about 2014. Finally, the X7 is accomplishing just that when it goes on sale in very late 2018. Once it does hit dealerships, it will battle it out against the Mercedes-Benz GLS, Cadillac Escalade and Lincoln Navigator. Given that all three of these SUVs have or will be redesigned in the next couple of years, the X7 has a tall order on its hands.

So far BMW has not formally announced any details on the production X7. We assume BMW's inline-six, V-8's and maybe even a hybrid variant are the obvious engine options. We'll all know more when BMW reveals the 2019 X7 later next year.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    13 300 SRT8, 09 SRX V8 Sport, E36 325, 03 Focus, 00 Mountaineer, 95 Saturn SL1
    Cadillac continues to print money in a class where all the other players have significantly more invested in their entrants.

has this view been seen before?
    CarAdvice.com.Au

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by germeezy1 View Post
    Cadillac continues to print money in a class where all the other players have significantly more invested in their entrants.
    Is this really an Escalade competitor though?

My Vehicle
    13 300 SRT8, 09 SRX V8 Sport, E36 325, 03 Focus, 00 Mountaineer, 95 Saturn SL1
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_L View Post
    Is this really an Escalade competitor though?
    Absolutely, and in fact a direct competitor as is the GLS.