Thread: 2019 Porsche Cayenne Revealed

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain

2019 Porsche Cayenne Revealed

Source: AutoVerdict
    August 29, 2017
    by Nick Saporito

Porsche has officially pulled the cover off its third-generation Cayenne SUV. The 2019 Cayenne is all-new from the ground-up, despite looking very similar to its predecessor. Highlights on the new official Porsche of suburbia include new engines, more technology and more space.

It's hard to believe just looking at it, but the 2019 Cayenne really is all-new. This version is built on Volkswagen's MLB modular architecture, which is shared with the Audi Q7. This architecture replaces the older Audi platform that underpinned the second-generation Cayenne, which means the new one is lighter and more dynamic since Audi has brushed up on the latest generation MLB as well. In fact, Porsche claims the new Cayenne is about 138 pounds lighter than the outgoing version, despite the fact it has more equipment and safety features.

From a design perspective it is difficult to tell this is a new vehicle. In traditional Porsche fashion, they're not messing with the core formula here. The Cayenne iconic Porsche design in intact with some influence of recent family members, such as Macan-like grille design and a Panamera-like wrap-around taillight treatment. Subtlety aside, Porsche swears this one is lower, wider and longer than the outgoing Cayenne.

Inside is a similar story in that many of the design traits are borrowed from other recent Porsche designs. The dashboard design is very similar to the Panamera and features a new 12.3-inch touchscreen with Porsche's latest infotainment system.

Powering the new Cayenne is a set of new engines, also shared with Audi. At the low-end is a turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 that generates 340 horsepower and will hit 60 mph in about 5.8 seconds. Cayenne S will be propelled by a twin-turbocharged 2.9-liter V-6 with 440 horsepower that goes zero to 60 mph in 4.9 seconds.

Later down the road a Cayenne Turbo model is expected with a twin-turbocharged 4.0-liter V-8 with 550 horsepower, but thus far it is not officially revealed.

Also down the road, Porsche is expected to rollout a V-6 plug-in hybrid based on the 2.9-liter V-6 and eventually a V-8 plug-in hybrid which will be called the Cayenne Turbo S E-Hybrid.

In typical Porsche fashion, there's a host of options for buyers to add on to the base price of the Cayenne. Among the list includes a fancy air suspension, electrically-controlled anti-roll bars and the badass Sport Chrono Pakage that shaves about 0.4 seconds off the Cayenne's zero to 60 mph time.

The 2019 Porsche Cayenne will launch sometime in mid-2018 in the U.S.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    Very Porsche-like redesign, though the rear and interior make up for a lot with me.

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    The only thing they really changed was the rear.

My Vehicle
    Quote Originally Posted by arutherford View Post
    The only thing they really changed was the rear.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it.