Thread: Land Rover Unveils 2018 Discovery

Land Rover Unveils 2018 Discovery

Source: AutoVerdict
    September 28, 2016
    by Nick Saporito

As expected, Land Rover has taken the wraps off an all-new Discovery SUV. The three-row, seven-seater will go on sale in the United States in mid-2017 for a starting price of $49,990. The new Disco is also featuring a diesel V-6 for the U.S.

The fifth-generation Discovery ditches the iconic boxy shape in favor of some curves. Overall the design is similar to that of other recent Land Rover models, but from a distance there's still no question which brand this SUV belongs to.

Inside is a very premium interior that Land Rover says will comfortably seat seven adults. The second and third row seats feature power-folding with the ability to reconfigure them. Premium amenities combined with a host of technologies, such as 3G WiFi hotspot, nine USB ports and a host of safety features that make the Disco semi-autonomous.

In the U.S. the Discovery will be available with two engine options. The LR4's Supercharged 3.0-liter V-6 will be standard. Buyers can opt for an optional turbo diesel V-6 that generates 254 horsepower and 443 pound-feet of torque. In Europe Land Rover will offer a 2.0-liter diesel as the base engine in the Discovery.

Like other Land Rover models, the new Discovery will feature S, SE, HSE and HSE Luxury trim levels.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Interesting C pillar treatment and I don't hate it either

My Vehicle
    2012 Chevy Impala LTZ
    Little frumpy rear end lol Otherwise nice, as expected very similar to the lineup