- Finding your way around AutoVerdict (2)
- Registering your account (3)
- Logging in to your account (3)
- Editing your profile (1)
- Submitting comments (1)
- Using the forums (4)
- Contributing to AutoVerdict (2)
- Contacting AutoVerdict support (1)
- Reporting issues with articles (1)
Finding your way around AutoVerdict
AutoVerdict is both a news site and a forum. We offer an integrated community to serve the interests of enthusiasts who wish to keep up with current news and contribute to meaningful discussions with other members.
Yes. There are dedicated mobile versions of the main AutoVerdict site and the forums. Note that the mobile versions of these sites offer subsets of the features found in the desktop version.
Registering your account
No. Signing up for an AutoVerdict account is not mandatory for visiting the site or forum. However, if you wish to contribute comments to posts and threads an account is required.
- Click the “Login/Register” link that appears in the top right corner of any AutoVerdict page.
- Select “Create an Account.”
- Specify a username, e-mail address and password. You may also enter additional details which will appear in your user profile.
- Activate the checkbox to acknowledge our Terms of Service.
- Click Register.
- An e-mail message will be sent to the specified address.
- Click on the link provided in the e-mail message to activate your account.
Logging in to your account
- Click on the “Login/Register” link that appears at the top right corner of any AutoVerdict page.
- Enter your username or e-mail address that you specified when you created your account.
- Click “Login.”
- Click on the “Login/Register” link that appears on any AutoVerdict page.
- Click on the “Lost your password?” link.
- Enter the username or e-mail address that was used to create your account.
- Click “Request Secret Key.”
- An e-mail message will be forwarded to your e-mail account.
- Enter your secret key.
- Specify a new password.
- Click “Change my Password.”
- Log in using your new password.
No. When you log in to either the AutoVerdict site or the forums you are automatically logged in to the other service.
Editing your profile
- Log in to your AutoVerdict account.
- Click on your nickname. This appears at the top right of any AutoVerdict page.
- Click “Edit Profile.”
- Enter your profile changes.
- Click “Save Changes.”
The initial comments that you submit on the AutoVerdict site and in our discussion forum are held for moderation in order to help eliminate spam. Once your comment is approved it will appear in the corresponding post or thread. From that point forward, your comments will be automatically approved.
Using the forums
No. Once you have registered your AutoVerdict account, it automatically provides you with access to the forums.
Yes. The details associated with your forum profile are maintained separately from your main AutoVerdict account.
Yes. To log in to the forums directly, navigate to the following link and enter the user name and password that you specified when you created your AutoVerdict account: http://www.autoverdict.com/forums/.
No. All AutoVerdict accounts must be registered through the main site.
Contributing to AutoVerdict
AutoVerdict is comprised of news contributors, moderators, editors and authors who share an obsession with the automotive world. If you would like join us, drop us a line using our contact us page and let us know where you would like to fit in.
If you are affiliated with an automotive web site, news source or manufacturer and you would like to contribute content that would be of interest to the AutoVerdict community, please contact us.
Contacting AutoVerdict support
If you would like to reach our support team at any time, simply click on the contact us link that appears at the bottom of any AutoVerdict page. For technical support-related issues, please provide us with as much detail as possible so that we can do our best to help resolve your problem.
Reporting issues with articles
If you come across an article that is incorrectly formatted, has a broken link or the attributions are in error, you can bring the piece to our attention by clicking the icon that appears to the far right at the bottom of the article. Upon clicking the icon, the referenced link is automatically inserted into the body of the contact form. Please provide us with any details that may assist us in resolving the issue.
Note that issues concerning the editorial content of a syndicated articles should be addressed directly to the source of the publication.