Thread: Chrysler Revives Voyager Nameplate

Chrysler Revives Voyager Nameplate

Source: AutoVerdict
    June 27, 2019
    by Nick Saporito

Chrysler is dusting off a badge from yesteryear for the 2020 model year. The brand is rolling out the 2020 Chrysler Voyager, a new entry-level minivan; basically the base model of the Pacifica minivan.*

For 2020 model year Chrysler has dropped the Pacifica L and Pacifica LX trim levels, both of which were the entry-level trim levels. In their place, Chrysler has swapped out the name to Voyager. The new Voyager will cover the low-end of the minivan market, while the Pacifica will continue to focus on the higher-end area of the segment.*

The 2020 Pacifica will be offered in Touring, Touring L, Touring L Plus and Limited trim levels.*

For all intents and purposes, the Voyager is identical to the Pacifica with fewer options and less glitz. Chrysler says the Voyager will start around $28,000 and be distinguishable by the badge on the rear.*

While the Voyager is Chrysler's attempt to move down-market with its latest generation minivan, parent FCA says it has no immediate plans to cease production of the Dodge Grand Caravan, which is still soldiering on from the previous generation. Like the Grand Caravan, the Voyager will be produced alongside the Pacifica at FCA's Windsor, Ontario assembly plant.*

The 2020 Chrysler Voyager will begin production in August.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

This is weird, why make a whole new model, changing nothing, just to replace trim levels of an existing model?

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by adk024 View Post
    This is weird, why make a whole new model, changing nothing, just to replace trim levels of an existing model?
    I agree very odd move. Maybe just so they can say they have more than 2 nameplates lol

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain
    Quote Originally Posted by adk024 View Post
    Probably for a couple reasons. Chrysler needs more nameplates in the showroom (it's in a sad state...) and this will allow Chrysler to fleet dump the Voyager and not kill residuals of the Pacifica.

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    Well this was common up until the mid-70s, why not start it up again?

My Vehicle
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD , white/tan
    There must be enough of a demand for this for them to think they need another version I guess.