Thread: Cadillac CT5 Revealed With Social Media Campaign

Cadillac CT5 Revealed With Social Media Campaign

Source: AutoVerdict
    March 18, 2019
    by Nick Saporito

In a bit of a surprise, Cadillac has revealed its all-new CT5 sedan via social media. In a new campaign the brand says is designed to*stimulate the senses using autonomous sensory meridian response, we get to see several angles of Cadillac's latest sedan.*

Although the exact reasoning behind such an elaborate social media campaign is perhaps questionable, the accompanying press release has offered up some official details about the car. Some of the sensory videos include sounds of the CT5's hardware, including its optional twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6 engine.*

“The Cadillac CT5 is meant to overwhelm all of the senses, and that’s why we’re using ASMR-style videos to showcase its features,” said Deborah Wahl, Cadillac chief marketing officer. “The ‘Sensory Symphony’ videos are designed to convey for viewers the same satisfying feeling that arises from driving this car.”

As part of the series, Cadillac is confirming the CT5 is built atop an evolved version of GM's Alpha rear-wheel-drive architecture that underpins the ATS and CTS. Cadillac has also confirmed the car will be powered by a turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder or twin-turbocharged 3.0-liter V-6. Both engines will be mated to a 10-speed automatic transmission.*

Photos also confirm Cadillac will offer both Premium Luxury and Sport trim levels on the CT5, each with a distinct design. This is the same approach Cadillac has taken with other recent products.*

Expect more details on the CT5 to trickle out over the next month. Cadillac will fully reveal the CT5 at the New York Auto Show on April 16th.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain
    I can't decide if I like this or not.

Someone on Twitter pointed out to me that the C-pillar is from the Saturn Ion. I have to agree.

Subsequent side profile shots remind me a bit of the BMW raised hatch GT models. That's not a complement. For a while, Cadillac's selling proposition was vintage BMW driving excitement with bold, Cadillac styling. Not following what they are going for here.

My Vehicle
    15’ XTS V-Sport 17’ Bolt EV 12’ M37S
    Blame it on the fastback trend lately but overall I like it a lot. Should definitely standout on the road with the headlight and taillight treatment. It’s shaping up to have a decent engine lineup.

My Vehicle
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD , white/tan
    It looks like they're trying to chase BMW's fastback models with this.

My Vehicle
    2014 Silver Cruze Eco MT
    Overall I like it, glad the 3.0 Turbo is replacing the 3.6, they were falling behind. I would like it a lot more if it looked like the back had a hatch instead of a trunk, then it would be somewhat functional in addition to good looks. Hopefully they at least make it an option, it would make me want it more.

Quote Originally Posted by WishIhadatruck View Post
    Overall I like it, glad the 3.0 Turbo is replacing the 3.6, they were falling behind. I would like it a lot more if it looked like the back had a hatch instead of a trunk, then it would be somewhat functional in addition to good looks. Hopefully they at least make it an option, it would make me want it more.
    Totally agree, it looks like they made the trunk opening smaller this go around. I think they should just go all in on the Escala liftback across the lineup and get on with it. Kudos for the jump to 3.0TT!!

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    The profile reminds me of the last gen Infiniti M sedan.

Can GM ever engineer a C-pillar window? The last gen Cruze and now this.