Thread: Refreshed BMW 7 Series Bows With Large Kidneys

Refreshed BMW 7 Series Bows With Large Kidneys

Source: AutoVerdict
    January 16, 2019
    by Nick Saporito

BMW has officially revealed a refreshed version of its 7 Series flagship sedan. Unlike a lot of vehicle refreshes, this is not one that requires squinting to find the design changes because the new grille will visibly knock you over at first glance.*

Basically BMW has taken the grille from the all-new X7 SUV and applied it to the 7 Series sedan. BMW designers say the massive grille is about 40 percent larger than the outgoing 7 Series grille, meanwhile new headlights are slimmer to provide a rather drastic contrast.*

New front and rear fascias round out the changes, a long with new taillights around back that are more dramatic.*

The massive new grille may have some functional use to it. BMW is, unsurprisingly, slotting in its new*4.4-liter V-8 that debuted in the 8 Series. This engine is churning out 523 horsepower and 553 pound-feet of torque in 750i xDrive and 750Li xDrive models. BMW has also updated the 745e plug-in hybrid, which now uses a new inline-six with 388 horsepower and 442 pound-feet of torque and an electric range of 33 to 36 miles per charge.*

BMW's updates do not stop inside the 7 Series. The overall interior is quieter and more refined thanks to enhancements to the rear wheel arches and B-pillars, as well as thicker glass on the windows. The quieter insides feature a new steering wheel design and BMW's latest Operating System 7.0 infotainment system; displayed on a new 10.3-inch screen in the gauge cluster and 12.3-inch touchscreen in the instrument panel.*Rear passengers can get a pair of 10-inch full-HD touchscreen displays with a Blu-ray player.

The redesigned BMW 7 Series will launch later this year globally; just look for the grille on BMW dealership lots.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

Unfortunately, in this class, there is the S-class and then there is everybody else. The first V12 7-series in the early 90s was a landmark car. This, not so much. I guess since it shares bits with RRs, it adds some additional very high margin sales, so why not?

Hate the grill!

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    Unfortunately, in this class, there is the S-class and then there is everybody else. The first V12 7-series in the early 90s was a landmark car. This, not so much. I guess since it shares bits with RRs, it adds some additional very high margin sales, so why not?

Hate the grill!
    I agree. In this segment you buy S Class or something else.