Thread: Musk Claims Tesla Semi Will Offer 600 Mile Range

Musk Claims Tesla Semi Will Offer 600 Mile Range

Source: AutoVerdict
    May 4, 2018
    by Nick Saporito

Tesla earnings calls are usually quite packed with information. The company's Q1 earnings call was no different, with CEO Elon Musk spilling a few more details of its upcoming Semi truck.*

Initially Telsa stated the highest-range Semi would offer about 500 miles of electric range. Musk stated during the call that the truck will probably max out at 600 miles. The additional 100 miles is coming from further testing of the prototypes, according to*Electrek.*

Daimler’s head of trucks, Martin Daum, told reporters earlier this year that the*“Tesla Semi defies laws of physics and is passing us by if true."

On the earnings call an analyst asked Musk about the claim. Musk laughed and then followed up by stated the Semi would offer closer to 600 miles of range. Typical of the executive, he did not offer to elaborate on how the company would achieve such a lofty goal for the Semi. He did state that Daum simply doesn't understand the laws of physics.*

For now, Tesla is still staying its Semi truck will go into production next year. The company will offer two variations of the Semi; one with a 300 mile range and the longer range version.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Need to see real results with towing a trailer and such. I feel like under heavy load it won't get these numbers.

My Vehicle
    2017 Camaro RS, 2016 Corvette, 2014 Volt
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew_L View Post
    Need to see real results with towing a trailer and such. I feel like under heavy load it won't get these numbers.
    ...and how much cargo space will it need to give up for the massive amount of batteries required to move such mass.