Thread: Jaguar Land Rover Considering U.S. Assembly Plant

Jaguar Land Rover Considering U.S. Assembly Plant

Source: AutoVerdict
    April 5, 2018
    by Nick Saporito

Jaguar Land Rover may be among the smaller global automakers, but that isn't stopping the company from considering a U.S. assembly plant.*

According to CEO*Ralf Speth the automaker is always considering the option of adding an assembly plant in the U.S. That said, Speth admits to*Wards Auto*that the company is small and would require a certain level of sales volume in the U.S. to justify building a plant stateside.*

Speth did not disclose what volume level the company would need to see in order to make a business case for a U.S. plant, but last year the two luxury brands sold just over 128,000 vehicles in the U.S. Given the low volume figure, it comes as little surprise that no one model or family of models makes up the majority of that aggregate figure.*

That said, Jaguar Land Rover is seeing sales growth in North America. Perhaps if that trend continues the company will make a serious effort at establishing a manufacturing base in the U.S.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2012 Chevy Impala LTZ
    Call me a purist, but seeing an English plant on the door of a Rover/Jag is natural. Similarly, I would only buy a Glock made in Austria, not Smyrna, GA. Adds to the character, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by donmateo View Post
    Call me a purist, but seeing an English plant on the door of a Rover/Jag is natural. Similarly, I would only buy a Glock made in Austria, not Smyrna, GA. Adds to the character, IMO.
    Maybe a New England plant, then :-)