Thread: Subaru Viziv Performance STI Concept May Foreshadow Next WRX

Subaru Viziv Performance STI Concept May Foreshadow Next WRX

Source: AutoVerdict
    January 14, 2018
    by Nick Saporito

At the 2018 Tokyo Motor Show Subaru will be showing off its new Viziv Performance STI Concept. Based on the Viziv Performance Concept the company showed at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show, this version may preview the next WRX STI.*

As required to wear the STI badge, this car is highlighted with a massive wing on the decklid. That focal point is surrounded by an exterior design that is certainly a more aggressive take on the first iteration of this concept. It almost looks similar to a Civic Type R at certain angle; that boy-racer look that, frankly, is part of the STI culture.*

Of course, Subaru isn't saying much about the Viziv Performance STI Concept. The company simply says it embodies the brand's vision for producing vehicles that provide more "enjoyment and peace of mind."*

There was a time it was believed the new WRX would come out soon, but that's since been squashed. Instead, a new WRX isn't expected until after 2020. Part of the long shelf-life of the current car may be because Subaru has had to channel resources to its upcoming electric vehicle.*

Once the new WRX does launch, you can almost certainly expect a WRX STI to follow soon after. It's anyone's guess in terms of powertrain, but rumors have suggested Subaru will turn to a hybrid option for the next STI.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

wonderful:
    hexagonal wheelwells

Quote Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
    wonderful:
    hexagonal wheelwells

I wanted to believe my mind was just playing tricks on me and it wasn't so....

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by 2b2 View Post
    wonderful:
    hexagonal wheelwells

I will be honest I didn't notice it till you pointed it out haha!

I like this, but Subaru has a habit of offering handsome-looking concepts that turn into mildly dorky looking production vehicles.

This is disappointing. Very disappointing.