Thread: Infiniti Q Inspiration Sedan Previews Brand's Future Styling

Infiniti Q Inspiration Sedan Previews Brand's Future Styling

Source: AutoVerdict
    January 3, 2018
    by Nick Saporito

Infiniti has removed some additional speculation regarding the mysterious concept teaser is dropped a couple weeks ago. Namely, we now know the concept will be shown in the form of a large sedan. Sedan sales are falling off a clip, so who knows what the future holds for this, but expect to see more of its sweeping design cues.*

Formally dubbed the Infiniti Q Inspiration Concept, the vehicle appears to look like a flagship sedan entry. In fact, one could even argue the design work here is not that outrageous for a concept. The Q features a sweeping design with a very strong belt-line resting under a very coupe-like greenhouse design.*

A new twist on Infiniti's rear lamp design is also found, which ironically looks similar to other trends from Audi, Lincoln and Porsche. Infiniti has already confirmed the Q Inspiration is previewing the brand's future design direction, meaning a more muscular looking Infiniti lineup is in the cards.*

The rest of the Infiniti Q Inspiration Concept will be revealed on Jan. 15th at the Detroit Auto Show.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

It's a bit of a collection of current design trends and I'll admit it isn't terribly original. But, I still like it. It's a nice execution. I like that the design's drama comes from mostly from form and less from ornamentation. I'm tired of vehicles with a ton of random, slashy lines all over to create excitment!

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    It's a bit of a collection of current design trends and I'll admit it isn't terribly original. But, I still like it. It's a nice execution. I like that the design's drama comes from mostly from form and less from ornamentation. I'm tired of vehicles with a ton of random, slashy lines all over to create excitment!
    I agree and I think its an improvement over the current styling they have. I am glad to see the weird c-pillar treatment gone.
    I want to see a big step forward interior wise for Infiniti because their interiors have been stuck in the early to mid 2000s styling wise.

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    I don't really see any difference in this and the current styling...