Thread: 2018 Jeep Wrangler V-6 Fuel Economy Revealed By EPA

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain

2018 Jeep Wrangler V-6 Fuel Economy Revealed By EPA

Source: AutoVerdict
    November 3, 2017
    by Nick Saporito

There's been no lack of leaks when it comes to the 2018 Jeep Wrangler JL. Even the sources of said leaks has been vast, with the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) joining the list of leakers. The agency has revealed the fuel economy figures of certain JL models.*

As is usually the case with JL leaks, the entire fuel economy picture is still not clear. Instead, we only have information regarding the V-6-powered Wrangler Unlimited models. When equipped with a six-speed manual gearbox, the 2018 model will be rated at*17/23/19 mpg (city/highway/combined). Going for the eight-speed automatic will bump those ratings to*18/23/20 mpg. For those keeping tabs on improvements over today's JK model, it has ratings of*16/21/18 mpg and*16/20/18 mpg, respectively.*

When it comes to the V-6 models at least, it appears Jeep has made good on promises of better fuel economy numbers for the all-new icon. In today's world 1-3 mpg improvements are fairly large, especially true for the automatic-equipped model.*

Fuel economy for the two-door Wrangler JL is still not known. Numbers of the all-new turbocharged 2.0-liter are also still unknown, but will certainly be revealed in due time.*

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2013 Lincoln MKZ Hybrid
    Not terrible for what it is

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    I am not overly impressed...