Thread: First Drive: 2018 Dodge Durango SRT Exists Beyond The Odds

First Drive: 2018 Dodge Durango SRT Exists Beyond The Odds

Source: AutoVerdict
    November 1, 2017
    by Adam Barrera

Photos by Kevin McCauley/Texas Auto Writers Association

Full disclosure: I once ran social media operations at SRT, when Chrysler Group relocated a ragtag gang of amateur racecar drivers to an off-site building, breaking the division off into an independent brand. It was my job to embed myself into a community of passionate owners whose appetite for Street and Racing Technology was insatiable: amid predictable hourly calls for a Dart SRT4, I fielded Tweets asking for an SRT-branded stroller and Facebook wishes for a Durango SRT. An insider’s commitment to product planning secrecy is serious, so to myself or no one in particular, I chuckled at these charming daydreams, knowing neither would happen.

So little did I know.

I left before Chrysler’s corporate name change and the reabsorption of SRT into Dodge, never having to formally reverse the PR mantra that our division was genuinely independent. As it turns out, though, automotive friendships last longer than lines on a résumé, so I still enjoy a firsthand view of my favorite customers’ elation when horsepower-drunk Dodge brings their daydreams to life.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

The only FCA product I am truly envious of...

I really wish the Trailblazer or something off of Alpha would make it's way to GMC.