Thread: Volvo XC40 To Be Revealed Shortly, Feature Lots Of Customization

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain

Volvo XC40 To Be Revealed Shortly, Feature Lots Of Customization

Source: AutoVerdict
    July 21, 2017
    by Nick Saporito

Volvo has offered up its first official "teaser" of its upcoming compact crossover. In an effort to highlight the XC40's high level of customization, the company released multiple close-up shots of materials it says it is using in the new crossover. While the images themselves tell us little, the release with them does confirm the XC40 will be extremely colorful.

According to the automaker, the XC40 will offer a host of customization options associated with color and trim. Buyers will have bolder colors to select from both inside and out, while even the trim pieces will be up to buyers' preferences.

“We wanted the XC40 to be a fresh, creative and distinctive member of the Volvo line-up, allowing its drivers to put their personality in their driveway. XC40 drivers are interested in fashion, design and popular culture, and often live in large, vibrant cities. They want a car that reflects their personality. The XC40 is that car,” said Thomas Ingenlath, Chief Design Officer at Volvo Cars.

In case you're wondering just how far-out Volvo is going with the color and trim on the XC40, the company confirms you'll be able to get Lava Orange carpet and Oxide Red upholstery.

The XC40 will be Volvo's first entry into the compact crossover segment here in the Untied States. Unlike Volvo's larger XC60 and XC90 crossovers, the XC40 will be based on the company's Compact Modular Architecture (CMA), which was developed with parent company Geely.

Volvo is expected to borrow the XC40's design from the concept that previewed it, the 40.1 Concept the company showed last year (pictured below).

Power for the new XC40 is expected to range everything from a three-cylinder to a plug-in hybrid model. The hybrid model will carry Volvo's TwinPower badge and likely serve as the flagship model.

Volvo says it will reveal the XC40 "shortly." It is expected to go on sale in 2018 as a 2019 model in both Europe and the U.S.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2013 Ford Focus
    Volvo might as well forget the next generation V40.

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain
    I'm really excited to see this one. Volvo just seems to knock it out of the park with every product these days.