Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buick Modernizes Enclave for MY18

Buick Modernizes Enclave for MY18

Source: AutoVerdict
    April 11, 2017
    by Austin Rutherford

Around a decade after the first generation replaced the Bravada, Buick has finally graced us with an all new Enclave. Buick is hoping to match the current full-size CUV's sales with the brand's newest styling and technology.

The Enclave will be the first Buick in North America to offer the Avenir sub-brand, much like Denali at GMC.

The Enclave Avenir will come equipped with over 100 LED lights, ionized cabin flushing out pollutants from the air (this could come in handy in China), and 17 cameras, radar components, and sensors for safety.

One interesting feature will be a hands free lift gate can be utilized once an illuminated Buick logo shines on the ground.

Once again based on the same C1XX platform as the Chevy Traverse and GMC Acadia, the new Enclave has plenty of interior room fit enough for three rows of seating. Like the previous generation, one would not know the Enclave and its sister vehicles were on the same platform. The Enclave's styling stands out with its broad hips and Regal-like front end. There will be no mistaking this for any other vehicle though as the same overall design theme from the previous generation is still there.

The second generation Enclave will come standard with the venerable 3.6L V6 making 302 hp and 260 lb. ft. of torque and available with AWD much like the first generation.

The Enclave will be joined by the all-new Opel-built Regal, also making its auto show debut in New York.

Expect the 2018 Buick Enclave to hit dealer lots this fall. Production will continue in GM's Lansing, Michigan Plant. If GM were smart, Buick would also start production in China as well with its ever expanding three row CUV market.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

I wasn't so sure about it at first glance, but now that I've digested it, I like it. The Enclave has always had that big and bubbly shape, so it's nice to see that its signature characteristics are carrying over. The Enclave was the first big (and unexpected) hit that Buick had in its modern era, so it's kind of a special vehicle in that regard. Hopefully they price it properly.

My Vehicle
    2002 GMC Sierra stepside, 1969 GMC 2500
    It looks very good. I'm not crazy about using Avenir as a trim name. But, it's not a deal breaker.

My Vehicle
    08 Cobalt SS/TC. 15 XTS V-Sport. 07 RX8.
    Not bad at all.

My Vehicle
    2014 Subaru Outback; 2013 Honda Accord
    I liked it, but I'm not wild about the wheels. I don't usually like floating D pillars, but the more I look at this one, the more I like it. I think I prefer the waterfall grill of the lower and mid level models to the Avenir.

The interior looks very nice. They did really well with the original, and this is a great evolution from that. They will probably not be able to keep up with demand for these things.

My Vehicle
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD , white/tan
    I like it and I think it will be a worthy successor to the first one.

I'd say the original Enclave effectively replaced both the Rendezvous and the Rainier (which was a more direct replacement for the Bravada).

This looks very classy. Also not completely sold on the roofline, but I'd reserve final judgment for an in-person inspection. But from what I can see, nice work.

Very nice. It has a good stance and a kinetic grace. I like it a lot.

My Vehicle
    13 300 SRT8, 09 SRX V8 Sport, E36 325, 03 Focus, 00 Mountaineer, 95 Saturn SL1
    Buick continues it's meteoric rise. Perhaps a certain Mr.Wagoner should be applauded for his foresight?

Buicks actual flagship ... And it adheres to the traditional brand characteristics: it's big but not showy, nice but with a significant amount of value baked in. Truly a doctor's or banker's CUV.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast