Thread: 2018 Subaru Crosstrek U.S. Debut Will Occur In NYC

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain

2018 Subaru Crosstrek U.S. Debut Will Occur In NYC

Source: AutoVerdict
    April 3, 2017
    by Nick Saporito

The 2018 Subaru Crosstrek will make its U.S. debut next week at the New York Auto Show. The new crossover was already revealed earlier this year at the Geneva Motor Show, but now it's time to see the U.S. version.

Unsurprisingly, the U.S. version of the Crosstrek is a lot like the European version we saw last month. The new design follows Subaru's latest products, first noted on the new Impreza. Crosstrek's new design is wrapped around a longer platform and a wider stance, yielding additional interior space than the outgoing version.

The Crosstrek's platform is supposedly 70 percent more rigid than the outgoing model, which means a more refined Crosstrek and likely better handling. Subaru has had a recent trend of upping rigidity on their vehicles and focusing on refinement with product updates.

Really the only difference between the global Crosstrek and the U.S. version is the fact that U.S. buyers will still be able to add a six-speed manual gearbox to the option list on the Crosstrek. Those that don't wish to shift their own gears will have to make due with Subaru's CVT automatic. The CVT will be standard on Crosstrek's higher trim levels.

Regardless of which transmission is selected, it is spun by Subaru's 2.0-liter Boxer four-cylinder. For 2018 the engine has seen a slight bump in power to 152 horsepower. Of course, Subaru's symetrical all-wheel-drive system is standard as well.

The new Crosstrek will arrive in dealerships later this summer.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

My Vehicle
    2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD , white/tan
    I like the Crosstrek It will be interesting to see the new one and how well it does.

My Vehicle
    2014 Subaru Outback; 2013 Honda Accord
    Crosstrek is a cool little vehicle, but the wheels on the model in the OP are pretty hideous.