Thread: Land Rover Teases New Discovery

My Vehicle
    2015 GMC Sierra All-Terrain

Land Rover Teases New Discovery

Source: AutoVerdict
    September 6, 2016
    by Nick Saporito

Land Rover has released the first official photo of the all-new Discovery. The front-end shot showcases a Discovery that ditches the boxy, ionic Discovery look we're all familiar with in favor of some sweeping sheetmetal lines. The preview apparently serves as a precursor to a Discovery that will not be an evolution of the past.

"Land Rover's design and engineering teams have revolutionized the Discovery DNA to create a highly desirable, extremely versatile and hugely capable premium SUV," stated Gerry McGovern, the head of Land Rover's design department, in a statement.

The fifth reincarnation of the Discovery is slated to go on sale next year. Like the previous Discovery, it is expected to seat up to seven in a very luxurious cabin featuring the latest technology. While this Discovery is also rumored to be the most off-road capable one ever, this time the Disco is filling the "leisure" pillar of Land Rover. Instead, the upcoming Defender will fulfill the hard-core off-road abilities in the Land Rover family.

Power for the new Discovery is expected to come from JLR's new Ingenium four-cylinders and a more powerful V-6 alternative. A rumored hybrid option is apparently still on the table as well.

Expect the new Disco to be revealed at the Paris Motor Show sometime around September 28th.

Read full article at AutoVerdict

[Return to AutoVerdict blog]

I'm going to miss the LR# vehicles. Their exterior designs were really interesting.

My Vehicle
    2012 Chevy Impala LTZ
    I loved the LR4. I liked the LR3, but it looked cheap unless fully optioned with body color moldings in the later years. The LR4 was a great looker. I'm more interested to see the new Defender.